18/09/2015

Hello Autumn, My Old Friend


Autumn is setting in, so naturally I'm in my element. 
The air is a little chillier as it wafts through the bathroom window in the mornings. The smell takes me straight back to the beautiful month we spent in New Zealand in 2011. That fresh smell of earth and plants and rustling trees which is picked out by the ever heavier dew. 
The sun hasn't even appeared when my 6.05am alarm goes off. A cup of tea is necessary to shake me into action. 
Cardigans are replaced by light coats and jackets. Perhaps a casual scarf to keep out the morning chill. Boots and Converse take the place of flip flops and ballet pumps in the wardrobe.
Autumn, I love you. 

This week I have: 
• Watched Legend at the cinema. Well executed Sixties style & not a complaint about the double Tom Hardy on-screen presence.
• Celebrated the engagement of my wonderful friend, Zoe, with the help of pizza, prosecco & pyjamas. 
• Booked our tour of the Brooklyn Brewery for our New York dalliance.
• Enjoyed a night of perfectly paired beer & chicken at Brickwood in Balham. Smoked chicken is a divine thing. 
• Watched the apples turn red on our tree and pondered whether to make chutney.
• Spent more time understanding the Rugby World Cup than I ever have before, all in the name of work.
• Gloated about my current standing at the top of the Fantasy Football League for both work and our friends & family.

No comments:

Post a Comment