10/09/2013

Autumn is a second spring, when every leaf is in flower

Much to the annoyance of my colleagues and friends, I relish this turn in weather and seasons.


If I'm completely honest, I find summer a little over-rated. Yes, it's nice to go a little golden and of course I do like a good summer holiday. But after a week or so of hot, hot, hot....I get a bit bored. 

I love a season with a bit of character and personality, a bit of punch. Step up, autumn.


I love the change of colours in the leaves - green, to yellow, to golden orange, to brown.

I love the food you can tuck into in autumn - stew, chunky chilli con carne, sausage casserole and hearty soups. I'm a huge pumpkin fan!

I adore a stormy, windy afternoon when I know I don't have to leave the house. I can brew a cuppa and get stuck into a craft project at home - perfect.

I also think I look a whole lot better in autumn/winter clothes than spring/summer. I really enjoy the moment I can get all my tights back out and match them with boots and a warm, long sleeved dress. Last year I got a new winter coat which I'm totally in love with, this year I shall be choosing a new scarf and gloves set. It's the simple things!

Pumpkin spiced lattes. I am aware this is not something which naturally comes with a season and that it is also a bit of an American beverage, but last year I found pumpkin spiced lattes and this year I'll be going back for more! I am also just a little partial to a hot chocolate with hazelnut syrup. 


When the nights begin to draw in I love to light candles most evenings. We sadly don't have the delight of our own fireplace in our flat, so candles are the next best thing. That and a trip to the local pub which boasts a roaring fire (and some delicious ales!). I also adore the smell of smoke wafting from chimneys on my walk home. There is something wonderfully wholesome and comforting about it.

So....have I convinced you yet?

Emily x






No comments:

Post a Comment